Knew Yeork Fash-shun Weak

Wednesday 20 February 2013
Oh so coyly New York Fashion Week lapped up on the east coast, thankfully without the hideous stormy weather shenanigans that were once expected to wash away miscellaneous forgotten Manolo's in the gutters of the big apple. The "consume as much fashion week possible like a soapy sponge" klaxon has damaged my ear drums & the mind boggling days of prying over Style Bubble, having to be surgically unattached from Pinterest, haunting bloggers instagram snaps like a lurid Miss Haversham sort, analysing fuzzy pictures of Anna Wintour and buying cable knit in bulk are here for an extended period of panic.

I'm far too giddy for LFW et al that miniature runway report snippets need to be on radar and full steam ahead. So here's a teeny personal highlights coo  and best looks I've been swooning over for the last couple of days of crazy intake of biker jackets, grown up printed silks, drops of seventies inspiration, latte loafers, bold disco hair & knee length boots. Here are my best looks of the week so far. Drama, drama, drama!

Marc by Marc Jacobs F/W 2013


My oh my, granny chic at it's most contemporary darling. If S/S 2013 was all about Louis Vuitton and their 60's mod hairbands & cute A-line cuts, I declare F/W 2013 is going to turn down a sophisticated avenue of candy floss early Jerry Hall 70's bouffant ringlets, sacheting printed silks & bulky bowling bags.

3.1 Philip Lim
Another big hitter of this weeks long list of must-see's. What I constantly admire in the collections are the in keeping of the designers aesthetic with the ability to reinvent yourself. To take a collections theme to the nth degree, the designer, the model and the clients must inhale the musk of the characterisation until it makes your bones shiver. I love playing with elements and characters in my fashion, my daydreamer ways have constantly let me immerse myself into the depths of ideas, thoughts and emotions that come with outfits, kind of like an actor may do for film roles. To some it may just be the simplistic case of putting on plum lipstick, wearing a headscarf or wearing a cape, but in the early stages of design and styling it's so much more, each element helps to conjure up the emotions of a person, group or situation and helps the designers imagination grow like a blossoming snowdrop. I often ask myself, what would I wear if I were _________ or what would I be wearing if I was in a certain situation. Here, the collection has focussed on the New York cool girl biker gangs, the girls you would always want to be as rebellious as at school with element of edgy not-trying-too-hard intimidation. Not since Michelle Pfeiffer in Grease 2 (how overrated is Grease 1 in the scheme of things) has portrayed such girl gang jealousy in my bones.





0 comments:

Post a Comment