peek from this week

Sunday 4 August 2013
Thursday afternoon, escaping from work with upmost haste 
upon the eerie scenario of not having enough work to do!!!! Some would complain, but being able to cut a slice of charity shop & vintage boutique pie and swallow it down was a lovely option. 

I've been experimenting of late with different hemlines, skirt lengths and silhouettes. The 1950's silhouette of cocoon and hourglass shapes, small waists, great full skirts and slimline pencils embroidered with elements of bullet bras, seamed stockings, pin curls, petticoats and structured headwear. In the late 50's, Dior was not only seen as the sole dictator of the trend driven silhouette, Balenciaga played an important role in the timeline of post war fashion evolution.

I start my university Fashion Journalism course in around 6 weeks and I'm in post "please like me fellow students" outfit scrawling and I'm a wee bit obsessed with getting my wartime mutts on a Goodwood-esqe World War II, 1940's full skirt suit. 
Ala. many lovely fellow bloggers



The Vintage Mafia

Some Lovely ladies and gentlemen at Goodwood



This isn't me in a suit, but on the hunt. New skirt and shoes, two-tone grey, lengthy, cotton 50's skirt from Flip Vintage based in Newcastle Upon Tyne and cream snakeskin slingbacks from The Salvation Army.

With pond green and black jacket with black velvet lapels, purchased at a Vintage Kilo Sale, white sleeveless blouse with large collar from The Salvation Army and beige cat eye sunglasses bought Vintage in London

0 comments:

Post a Comment