Say Brie!

Monday 18 March 2013

In previous posts I've uttered about how much I love glancing over pictorals of grandparents and how influential it is to my attitudes and fashion attitudes. There's nothing love more than a Sunday morning going through boxes of physical photographs, working out who people are, where they may be now, and more, being in total admiration for how inspirationally beautiful and happy everyone in the photographs are. Along with watching Amelie recently, I've the thoughts in the my head of how adorably intimate the act of photoboothing is. Just you, the camera and the curtain. Being able to date photographs, observing the trends of the time, enjoying the simplicity and getting that fuzzy and warm gooey feeling. 
So many stories, so many great hair styles, so many great shaped lapels, so many great shaped spectacles. Fashion trends are all just layers and layers of years of ideas rehashed and layered again like a yummy Victoria sponge, a bleedin big one, which is exactely how I like them. Everything eventually comes and goes, even life comes and goes but the memories will always inspire the future generations. I off to get some 40's pin curls! 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Mel! I love photobooth images and old fashioned photographs too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vasey Cake! I've got a mini obsession with all related lovelies at zee moment, I think it's super important to when determining the future to look at the past xoxox

    ReplyDelete