Pre Fall 2013 Creme Brulee With Celine Inspired Raspberry Coulis

Wednesday 23 January 2013

WHY HAS PRE FALL 2013 CHANGED MY ENTIRE PERSPECTIVE OF PRE SPRING/FALL COLLECTIONS?

Because (in the words of my inner Beyonce), this is the year that shit got real.

Pre Fall (Particularly Celine) has completely changed my perspective of the importance of Pre-Fall Collections. Previously Pre-Fall/Spring collections have been like my equivalent of having parma ham and melon balls as a starter. It was the bitterness you felt if Daniel Bedingfield was the support for the Rolling Stones (Not true Daniel, I still love your facial hair fashion). Like the horror of gritting your teeth through episodes of Montell Williams whilst waiting for Maury to start. It was like the guilt of promising yourself to wait for the special HD televisual gift of Season 2 New Girl & ending up when feeling weak, watching 5 episodes in a row on a teeny netbook screen. Just one more episode won't hurt then BAM! I've watched them all, I'm writing my own New Girl fan-fiction, drinking bro juice every Saturday and finding Justin Long more attractive than is ever necessary. In my head it had the importance of the stupid Land Rover adverts you see in the cinema before the film starts. 1. I don't drive. 2. I'm not a cast member of Geordie Shore. And 3. I'm not the arrogant Sir convincing his wife that cobbled streets count as heavy terrain, so they are most definately wasting their advertising coins barking up the wrong, over-sized, needless tree.
That's another thing with Pre-Fall collections, it makes people (me), do wacky things, like panic buy Burgundy, Pre-Snuggle thunderous-cloud shade boucle, panic, worry about F/W 2013 whilst it's still still like a arctic slush puppy yonder, pre-pre layer greys & PANIC!
It's a soiree of instant chilly Periwinkle without a even a teeny fondle of toasty solstice burnt Tangerine.
Season addictive scheduled Fashion Week's twice a year are normally like the Bubble Tea's of the beverage world - tasty, exciting, colourful, new & untouchable as oppose to the-filler-before-dinner pre-season own-run milkshake shack frozen beverages with shoddy blender's and floating Oreo's at the bottom of your melted Ben & Jerry's. Before it's barely given you a blase brain freeze your concentrating more on your Street Peeper flicking and less on your moist liquid biscuits.

Indulging my inner Wednesday Addams, Phoebe Philo has indulged everything I want from any Pre-Fall. After falling helplessly in love with previous confidence exuding smart-cut Celine, the oversized and simplistic nature, horizontal stripes and unavoidable print tees, it has always brought out a hunger for a slice of life I didn't know I ever craved. A vision of the future that both scares & excites me in equal measure. It's hand drawn visions of the kind of Catherine-Anne Frey-esqe ensembles I aspire to recreate. Since 2008, Philo has turned out dark horse, cool new age corkers that have made me want to grow up faster than Heidi Montag's cup size. It made me realise that it's not important to dress for men, but dress for yourself and dress for the person you want to be. Like the sub-heading of Lula Magazine - The Girl Of My Dreams, that always inspires me to go on to do better, the whimsical vision & the mythical power that comes from wearing working woman Celine shades, there's nothing stopping you from playing the part, even if you don't feel it, hoping that the powerful seductions of your shoulder pads will eventually soak into your subconcious power (here's praying).

But 2013 is the year of change. I turned up to the pre-F/W 2013 picnic expecting egg mayonaise but got a moreish minature taste of the March Fashion Week's tea parties before serving! ladel's of swanky fashion gumbo, dollops of gladiator sandal flavoured jambalaya and tasty looking high slit, pleated skirts. It's my first time of cheekily tasting before dinner like a love to hate rascal character in the Beano without the Pre-Fall tasting of disappointment. Although I'm thoroughly still anticipating the next course, the quick delicious, energy boosting starter was enough to give gratitude for. Compliments to the chef.

Pre Fall is the ding-a-ling for extreme proportions. I may be a teeny gal but by god I can wear a ankle-length skirt, So when a sweet marriage of ankle-length, leather, pleats, innocent pilgrim buckles, oversized neoprene, double breasted caramel fur coats, straw hats & metallic flatforms seranaded my green eyes with their leather clad nymph-like voices, it was like the breaking of a creme brulee (please see Amelie). Real feminine androdgny at it's best. I like my coffee how I like my Pre Fall/Winter - Dark with buckles.

Upon other Pre Fall/Winter observations have developed a trend & wishlist minefield. Short Capes, Pleats, Wide Leg Trousers, headbands, stripes, oversized knits, high skirt splits, a delicious brown leather cape at Givenchy, lots of fur - especially on bags, military armour platse, low hem dresses, bubble skirts, texture contrasts, boater hats, chunky flatforms (whoa Prada, whoa), off shoulder, pyjama pants, gladiator sandals (2005 MKO?), olive shades, metallic cigarette trousers, halters, bubble capped sleeves, opaque hoisery, full length leather gloves, futuristic metallics, the return of the tuxedo?, even bolder boots, lingerie-wear at Missoni, aquamarines, mid-length shorts, high necks, super duper layering (florals for Spring, groundbreaking) and jacket lengths rising back up the back from long boyfriend to short. Such a lot of information in 30 seconds. Particular hot spots :
                                         Super sexy tuxedo inspired high slits at Givenchy
                                                  Fish Tank Metallics at Proenza Schouler
Print clashing animal print neo-grunge at 3.1 Phillip Lim

In other news, the continuation of the milky matte ground dandruff is glorious for an English lady who's skin resembles the similar shade of the vanilla ghoul of Boy George circa 1983. This is a well earned age for a girl who is forever anti-St. Tropez, powered bronzer, any foundation labelled "Jaffa Cake" & the cringefest "here come the girls" sorry excuse for an advert by a supposed chemist. If it was up to myself I would live in a Moomin skinned world and stay so Chanel winter white I'm practically as transparant as their AW 09 clear handbag. Also I checked instagram today after a large unavoidable hiatus after losing my phone like a gin fuelled scoff. Whilst promising my mam I would help with filing and ending up skiving and getting tipsy on my collection of liked and forgotton photos, I scampered across this beauty. Don't think I could begin to pull of Celine like everyones favourite Sunny Delight coloured feisty feminist.







0 comments:

Post a Comment